Creamy Asparagus Soup
2 bunches asparagus
1 large yellow onion
5 stalks celery
3 cups vegetable stock (organic, homemade, and/or boxed)
¼ cup minced thyme
3 tbsps olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice onion.
- Wash celery and asparagus and pat dry and then chop into ¼-inch pieces.
- Bring olive oil to medium heat in a large pot and add onion.
- Cook for five minutes until caramelized.
- Add celery and asparagus and cook for seven more minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme and combine well.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy.
- Garnish with thyme.